Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hay Season at Almosta Ranch


Life on Almosta Ranch is very busy during hay season.
This is the conveyor that takes the hay up to the loft. When it gets to the top I grab it with a pea rake and pull it to the end of the loft.
















Dyion putting the hay on the conveyor belt.























Several pictures of Dyion stacking the hay in the barn loft. They are very heavy, and I don't know how he reaches up so high to stack them clear to the roof.









































Farmer Skipper feeling very glad that the barn loft
is full of hay.




















Two of our hay burners, who are also glad that the loft is full of hay!

2 comments:

Peri said...

Dyion's working so fast he's a blur!! Loved the pictures and I'm SO glad I'm not there to help. Looks very itchy and sweaty.

Unknown said...

Remind me again what's fun about having horses?